Battle of The Maps, Pre-Game Coverage

Click here to see more iOS map "fight" blogs.


Welcome to the World Wide Web FIGHT NIGGGHHHTTTTT!!! The iOS map title may be at stake. I'm here with the challenger, the brand new Google Maps for iOS, who is up against Apple Maps in the fight of the... week. Apple Maps has been ridiculed since its first release in iOS 6, and people only had the old iOS Google Maps to compare it to. Now, Google Maps is finally back on iOS, and it looks like it's ready to take back its place as the go-to iOS maps app.
As a disclaimer, I'm a full believer and supporter of Apple Maps. I have used it since it hit beta, and with the exception of a misplaced Apple store (which has been corrected), I haven't had a single problem with it. I more-or-less prefer it to the old native Google Maps in the days before iOS 6. So, I'm going into this rooting for Apple maps.




The next series of blogs will be putting Apple and Google head to head in different areas that make up a good map. At the end of all of them, I'll announce my winner, as well as which one I'll continue to use.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment