iOS 6: Updating my iPad

To check out more blog posts about iOS 6, including my introductory one, click here.

I got an iPad, and updated it to iOS 6. I was looking forward to things like Facebook integration in Contacts and Calender, the cool Clock app I had seen screenshots of, and most of all I wanted Siri on my iPad. I did get all those features, and as it turned out, even more that I hadn't heard about.

Just like on my iPhone, after I updated, I got a little setup process.


I got to happily enable Siri. The next screenshot showed one of the little features that I was unaware of, and it surprised me.


I left the +s unblurred because they signify a phone number. With iOS 6, iPads (which don't have phone numbers) can receive iMessages and FaceTime calls sent to my iPhone's number. I thought that was pretty cool. Too bad my iPad can't send texts using the phone number. But it can use it as a caller ID (meaning, if I start an iMessage conversation or FaceTime someone from my iPad, it can show up as my iPhone's number). Also shown in that screenshot is the transition from @me.com to @icloud.com addresses, again.

Keep looking out for more posts on my iPad and iOS 6, there's more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment