Minecraft LEGOs

I got a package in the mail yesterday, and it looked a little like this.


That's the box for the Minecraft LEGO set. I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago from J!nx, where you can pre-order a set too. This set came into existence thanks to a LEGO project called Cuusoo and 10,000 enthusiastic Minecraft fans. It's a website where anyone can upload pictures of ideas for LEGO sets, and if 10,000 click a set idea's Support button, it'll be reviewed by a LEGO team and considered for a project. Well, the Minecraft Micro World set not only got 10,000 supports, but was also approved my Mojang. So, it was made into an actual set, and I got one! Also, for pre-ordering, I got a creeper sticker from J!nx (shown to the right), which I thought was pretty neat. The whole idea behind Minecraft is to build whatever you desire. The set did come with some instruction books, which I followed to show off the set, but I plan on rebuilding it into something else, just like Minecraft.





The set is organized into 4 "chunks," so-to-speak. There's one with a tree and some desert on it, another with a house, one with a mountain and a lava flow, and another with a small stream with a tree.


Also included are minifigures of Steve and a creeper, which look fantastic in my opinion. They included extra Steve head pieces, so I decided to make another Steve. Think of it as a multiplayer server!


Each chunk can be connected to the others. And, in true LEGO style, the tops can be separated to show the cave systems underneath.

There's a few problems I found with it when compared to the actual Minecraft game. First, there's 2 shades of gray used. I imagine that they're both supposed to be stone, based on how the instructions show them placed. However, Minecraft stone is just one shade. Another thing I found weird was how the instructions show water and ice placed. Shown to the right, there's a stream with 2 clear blocks in it. I'm guessing that's ice, but there's no winter biome around. That's probably just me being picky. Stay tuned for more blog posts with these, including a redesign of my own, and the original set translated into Minecraft: Pocket Edition on my iPhone!

1 comment: