iOS 6: Beta 2

To check out more blog posts about iOS 6, including my introductory one, click here.

Earlier today, Apple released the second beta for iOS 6. As soon as I heard the news, I did a backup & sync with iTunes, just in case something went wrong, and then updated using the OTA (over the air) delta updating system that was added in iOS 5. I discovered something I think is new: the setting icon becomes animated while updating. Not the actual Settings app icon, but the one in the Settings app.


 It felt like the update took awhile, but that may have been my impatience. Despite that little inconvenience, the update completed without a problem. The only big new things I've noticed are performance enhancements and bug fixes. Things don't lag or crash as often as they used to. One of my favorite bug fixes is one I mentioned in my first iOS 6 blog post: keyboard clicks not being registered and producing a sound. They all do now! Other than that, there's nothing notably new in the second beta. The build ID is new, from 10A5316k (beta 1) to 10A5338d. I'll report anything else I find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment