Blogsy for iPad

Since getting my iPad, I have slowly transitioned computer tasks into iPad tasks. For example, I prefer watching YouTube videos more on my iPad than my computer, and I more frequently make and edit documents in Google Drive from my iPad. I really wanted to start blogging from my iPad, but I couldn't find a good solution. Google's Blogger 2.0 update brought iPad support, but it was very lacking in tons of needed features. The Blogger website was a mess from any mobile browser, so I looked towards other apps. Through Google searches, I found that the top 2 blogging apps on the iPad were Posts and Blogsy. Only because of the difference in price, I went with Blogsy, which was half of Posts' $9.99 price tag. The big differences I picked up between the 2 were that Posts was modeled around Blogger's other features outside of creating and publishing posts, such as managing tags and comments. I felt Blogsy provided enough, so I got it. This is the second post I've created with Blogsy, and everything looks to be working rather well. Multiple photo placement is a bit iffy, but it always has been with Blogger.
Blogsy's layout is pretty straightforward. All the text formatting tools are up top, like alignment, fonts, and bold, italics, underline, and strikethrough. On the side is a bar (named in the app a "dock") for importing photos, videos, and links from various sources. I'm not at all a fan of the sidebar pull-out design, but I suppose it works. I'll probably be able to better review it, and maybe even feature it in a App Store Favorite, after I've used it awhile. I already have the "I blog with Blogsy" badge at the bottom of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment