iOS 6: Betas 3 & 4

To check out more blog posts about iOS 6, including my introductory one, click here.

I didn't post anything about iOS 6 beta 3 because it was a very minor update. The changelog included some settings for the Maps app, the foundation for @me.com email addresses to be converted to @icloud.com addresses, and other little things. One I don't like at all is when opening the Passbook app, the brightness setting is changed to 75%. It's supposed to help with showing coupons, card info, etc. that's stored in Passbook even if the screen would have been too dark to make it out. That would be great and all, except the brightness stays at 75% even after exiting Passbook. So, every time you open Passbook, you have to go into Settings and change the brightness back. The build ID for beta 3 is 10A5155d. And just today, beta 4 build 10A5376e was released. Currently, my iPhone cannot even connect to Apple's servers to perform the update, so I can't exactly say what's new (if anything). My guess is that Apple's cleaning up a little before the official release in just over a month. There's always more bugs and back-end problems to fix. 9to5Mac has a rather technical changelog, so you can read through that until some actual UI changes emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment