Homescreen history continues on my iPad

A couple weeks ago, I posted a blog analyzing how I set up my homescreen's icons, how I transitioned from my iPod Touch to my iPhone. I've made another device leap, this time much more diverse. The first thing I did when I got my iPad was put my iPhone right next to it, and arranged icons like they appeared on my iPhone. There were a few problems, though. Before I get to that, let's compare my most up-to-date iPhone homescreen to my iPad's.


I did change my dock and Mail apps on my iPhone since the first homescreen history post, but everything else is the same. 
Right away, there's some similarities. The top row goes [mail app], Calender, Camera, and Contacts. The second row is Music, [calling app], Maps, and [weather app]. The third row is Notes, Apple folder, Settings, and iTunes. The fourth row is App Store, Game Center, Reminders, and Photos. And the fifth row is... only on my iPad. On the dock, I have Chrome, Google, and Messages on both devices. Now onto the differences.
The iPad doesn't have a weather app, so I subbed in The Weather Channel. The Apple folder looks so much less full on my iPad because I had a fifth row to fill with stock apps, so Videos, Clock, iPhoto, and iMovie migrated out of the Apple folder. Gmail didn't replace Mail on my iPad like it did on my iPhone because I literally could not think of another app to go on my dock, and I couldn't leave one of the 6!!! spaces unused. Speaking of the 6!!! spots on my dock, a Favorites folder isn't in one of them. I don't even have half the number of apps on my iPad as I do on my iPhone, so cramming all my favorites into one folder to save space wasn't really needed, especially with a fifth row of apps on each page. So, instead of the Favorites folder, I put Twitter and Facebook. They're at the top of my Favorites folder anyway.

And that's how my iPhone layout translated into my iPad layout. I'll probably stick with this until I can jailbreak or something. As always, you can check out my latest homescreen layouts here: http://homescreen.me/chickenmatt5/

No comments:

Post a Comment