iOS 6: Beta update

To check out more blog posts about iOS 6, click here.

WWDC 2012 was kicked off last Monday. It stands for World Wide Developer's Conference, and it's a week-long event hosted by Apple for developers to get informed about Apple's new line of products. On Monday, the Apple exec team presented a keynote showing off all the new hardware and software, including the next major update to iOS, chronologically named iOS 6. Its official release date is sometime in the fall, but Apple began distributing a beta for iOS 6, meant for developers to mess with and get their apps working with. I don't necessarily make apps, but I too enjoy testing out new features, so I got my iPhone's UDID (Unique Device Identifier) registered with Apple's developer program, and upgraded to iOS 6. I did the same thing with iOS 5 when its betas were released, and it was fairly buggy. With that in mind, I didn't think I'd actually be using iOS 6 betas a lot. I figured it'd be just as buggy and would crash just as often as my experiences on the iOS 5 betas. However, I was wrong. After an entire day, my only complaints are the instability of the new Maps app (which I can get over seeing as it's new), the lack of a jailbreak (which I relied on before updating for those extra helpful features, and also root access), and some keyboard clicks not making a sound (it's slowly driving me insane). Other than that, I can use iOS 6 on a daily basis with ease. It only has been a day and a half since I updated, so I'll see how things start to change. The first beta expires in about a month, so another beta will have to be released by then. I plan on continuing to update to the latest betas until the official release, and hope it works out well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post!

    What are other applications that is featured in IOS 6 that are not found in IOS 5? Is their really much of a change? Would you really suggest to upgrade our iPhones to IOS 6?

    Just want to know your insights.

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passbook is the only new app, any it doesn't have any feature yet. I posted a couple other blogs recently that should answer your other questions.

      Delete