HP gives up...?

This kinda saddens me. HP, by the looks of things, has just given up on their very promising (in my opinion) webOS mobile platform. They recently announced that they were discontinuing it, along with all their desktop and laptop computers. That really bums me out. My netbook is by HP, and every other computer by HP that I've used before has been wonderful, much better than my dad's favorite company which is Dell. But, the topper on the wedding (no, divorce) cake of webOS being killed is that HP is bottoming out the Touchpads that run the OS. The 4 and 5 hundred dollar tablets are now down to $100 and $150. I want one, to be honest. However, it would just about drain my iPhone savings. Decisions, decisions... Another thing that I have a problem with is that HP apparently is going to continue with software. I said before that my netbook is HP, and the only HP thing I like about it is the hardware. All the junky HP programs that come with it are, well, junky. They're annoying and unneeded. And I don't want HP's future to be in those junky programs. Hopefully, they'll make them better with all their manpower focused on them. I guess I'll say RIP, HP and webOS, RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment