iOS 6: Officially here!

To check out more blog posts about iOS 6, including my introductory one, click here.

Yesterday, iOS 6 was released to the public. As I mentioned in the last iOS 6 blog, it's basically the same as the GM version released a week ago. There's (hopefully) been more bug fixes and optimization, but no new huge features. Apple continues to update the App Store layouts, though, so I'll cover some new changes that have been made public in the last few days.


Right after updating to iOS 6 and opening the App Store, a advertisement popup appears, highlighting some of Apple's apps in the App Store. A lot of them have been updated for iOS 6. In fact, by the end of the day, 9 apps on my iPhone needed to be updated. That's more than an average day of maybe 1 or 2.

Apple also added a little something special to a few of their app pages in the App Store:




The Charts layout has been changed on the iPhone/iPod Touch, as well. Instead of a vertical list, they're now horizontal. I think I preferred it as it was before, but I'll get used to it.

Included in the app updates from yesterday, Find My iPhone got a GUI update, featuring the stenography that Apple is so infamous for. iPhoto and iMovie got a few new useful features as well as reworks of some old, flawed ones. iBooks and Remote were simply "updated for iOS 6."

This isn't directly related to the iOS 6 release, but I recently updated the iPhone Tips & Tricks thread on iFans.com. It does have tips and tricks for iOS 6.

Other than that, iOS 6 should be pretty much covered. I look forward to future updates and finding new features. Apple did a pretty good job with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment